United Nurses of Alberta is proud to award scholarships to Nursing Students from across Alberta.
The UNA scholarships of $1,000 are awarded to full-time students in their first years of Nursing studies at approved post-secondary institutions in Alberta. Applicants must be related to a UNA member or associate member, have completed an application form and written a short essay answering the question, “How has the United Nurses of Alberta made a difference in the lives of Alberta Nurses?”
An additional $1,000 award is sponsored by the Canadian Federation of Nursing Unions.
UNA Nursing Scholarship Recipients
- Jessica Au Duong from MacEwan University. Sponsored by Rebecca Au Duong from Local 301 (University Hospital, Stollery Children's Hospital, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute).
- Jordana Dillabough from Medicine Hat College. Sponsored by April Dillabough from Local 1 (Peter Lougheed Centre).
- Danton Davis from MacEwan University. Sponsored by Amber Davis from Local 15 (St. Mary's Hospital - Camrose).
- Kyla Gilchrist from University of Alberta. Sponsored by Donna Gilchrist from Local 12 (Bethany - Camrose/Bethany Meadows).
- Aibhera Gomez from University of Calgary. Sponsored by Asyncion Gomez from Local 415 (South Health Campus).
- Emily Malo from MacEwan University. Sponsored by Kathryn Malo from Local 9 (Fort Saskatchewan Health Centre).
- Danika Pochynok from MacEwan University. Sponsored by Shelley Pochynok from Local 304 (Stony Plain Community Health).
- Jennifer Schott from MacEwan University. Sponsored by Janice Schott from Local 413 (Edmonton Corrections).
- Emma Steiner from University of Alberta. Sponsored by Sarah Pollard from Local 70 (Medicine Hat Regional Hospital ).
- Ceilidh Stewart from University of Alberta. Sponsored by Sarah Dunphy from Local 33 (Royal Alexandra Hospital - Edmonton).
Mount Royal University student Madison Breadner is the recipient of the Canadian Federation of Nurses' Unions Nursing Education Scholarship. Madison’s scholarship application was sponsored by Heather Breadner from Local 121 (Rockyview General Hospital).
Apply for a UNA Scholarship
Applications for this year's UNA Nursing Education Scholarship can be found on the UNA website and will be accepted until Oct. 15, 2019.