After months of negotiations, a first collective agreement has been ratified by members of United Nurses of Alberta Local 234 employed at Benevolence Care Centre. The nursing home located in west Edmonton is owned by the British Columbia-based Park Place Seniors Living Inc.
UNA was proud to welcome members of this new local when they joined the union in June 2018.
Some of the features of the new agreement, which will expire on December 21, 2019, include:
- Adoption of the UNA Provincial Rate of Pay at date of ratification
- Recognition of up to 5 years of previous experience
- 2 per cent adjustment to Rate of Pay upon reaching 20 years nursing service
- Night Shift Responsibility Pay of $3.00 per hour
- RRSP contributions of 3 per cent at the date of ratification and 4 per cent as of December 20, 2019
- 2 annual days for professional development.
UNA would like to thank the local bargaining team for their patience and determination.
UNA provides a wide range of services to its members. A key role is negotiating the excellent collective agreements that regulate salaries, benefits, schedules and working conditions of members. UNA also administers its agreements to resolve disputes, improve working conditions and protect nurses’ workplace rights.